KoekiesEnCream bak op Expresso Morning Show!
Almond CupcakesRecipe by Hestelle Pretorius (KoekiesEnCream)
175g Selati Castor Snow, sifted
2 Large Eggs
515ml Sasko Self-raising Flour Sifted
210ml Parmalat Milk
5ml Almond Essence
Almond Butter Icing
140g Unsalted Butter, softened
280g Selati Icing Snow, sifted
2 tsp Milk
4ml Almond Essence
Pale green food colouring, optional
1. Combine butter and castor sugar and beat until smooth.
2. In a separate bowl whisk two eggs and add to the sugar mixture. Add milk and self-raising flour then beat mixture until smooth.
3. Lastly add the Almond Essence; you will immediately smell the lovely Almond flavour.
4. Line your cupcake tin with paper cases. Make sure you preheated your oven at 200*C.
5. Spoon the mixture into the cupcake tray and bake for 15 -20 minutes.
6. While the cupcakes are in the oven, make your lovely and very easy Almond Butter Icing.
7. Beat together the butter and sifted icing sugar.
8. Add milk and Almond essence. Mix until smooth and finally add your choice of food colouring.
9. Use a cake tester just to make sure your cupcakes are cooked through.
10. When your cupcakes are done, leave them on a cooling rack for about 15 to 20 minutes. This will ensure that you don't decorate your cupcake while it is still warm and have the heat of the cupcake melt your icing or decorations.
11. Spoon the icing into a piping bag, make sure you squeeze out the air at the bottom of the piping bag, then you can have some fun with icing your cupcakes!
Tip: When using food colouring, start with a small amount. Food colouring can be very strong, so rather start light and go darker to get the colour you want.