7 January 2013

{DIY} Quick Chakalaka Chicken

Today was our last day of our "December holiday" and what a busy day! Packing, cleaning, driving, unpacking, cleaning and then...but wait, what's for dinner? And this - I promise you - was the easiest and least amount of effort I could come up with, I made a quick Chakalaka Chicken "flatty" - something I think everyone should have on standby in their refrigerator. I simply basted the Chicken Flatty with the pre-made Chakalaka sauce, lined a baking tray with foil - shiny side inwards - this way you direct the heat towards the chicken - place it in the oven at 200*C for about 45 minutes. {I also made a foil cover/lid for the chicken} After 45 minutes remove the foil cover/lid and place it back in the oven until the basting sauce is sticky and the chicken has a lovely brownish caramelised colour. A quick and easy dinner for the day before it's back to reality!

No comments:

Post a Comment